Christopher obtained a Bachelor of Science with first class honours in mathematical physics from the University of Canterbury in 2011, and a PhD in medical image processing from the University of Otago in 2015. He joined Lincoln Agritech in March 2017. Prior to this he worked for MARS Bioimaging Ltd and at the Universities of Canterbury and Otago as a researcher in spectral computed tomography. His background is in applied mathematics, image processing, and software.
He has particular interests in:
- Mathematics in high dimensional spaces.
- Signal and image processing.
- Software efficiency.
- Communication in science.
Academic and Professional History:
- 2017 - present: Image Processing Specialist, Lincoln Agritech Ltd.
- 2015 – 2017: System and Applications development Scientist, MARS Bioimaging Ltd.
- 2015 – 2017: Post-Doctoral Fellow, University of Otago, NZ
- 2015 – 2017: Post-Doctoral Fellow, University of Canterbury, NZ
- 2015: Assistant Research Fellow, University of Otago, NZ
- 2012-2015: PhD - Medical Image Processing, University of Otago, NZ
- 2011: BSc (Hons, 1st Class) – Mathematical Physics, University of Canterbury, NZ
- 2008-2010: BSc – Mathematical Physics, University of Canterbury, NZ